- Frank Stillinger, Princeton University - "Chiral Symmetry Breaking via Computer Simulation"
Future Trends in Modeling, Simulation, and Data Mining
- Andrea Browning, Boeing - "Future of Materials Design with Computations"
- Jinghai Li, Chinese Academy of Science - "Mesoscale Modeling: the Key to Virtual Process Engineering"
- Alan Aspuru-Guzik, Harvard - "Billions and Billions of Molecules: Exploring Chemical Space"
Energy and Environmental Applications
- Chris Wolverton, Northwestern University - "A Materials Genome Approach to Designing Nanostructured Thermoelectrics"
- Kristen Fichthorn, Penn State University - "Growth and Assembly of Nanoscale Materials: Insights from Simulation"
- Jonathan Moore, Dow Chemical - "Data-Driven and Fundamental Modeling in Industrial R&D"
Catalysis and Interfaces
- Joachim Sauer, Humboldt University Berlin - "Ab initio Free Energy Predictions for Gas Adsorption and Separation in Nanoporous Materials"
- Daniella Kohen, Carleton College - "Behavior of Carbon Dioxide within Zeolites: Atomistic Simulations"
- Jeff Errington, University at Buffalo - "Using Molecular Simulation to Examine the Sequestration of Carbon Dioxide in Saline Aquifers"
Complex Fluids and Materials
- Coray Colina, Penn State University - "in silico Design: Synthesis and Characterization of Functional Polymeric Materials"
- Ed Maginn, University of Notre Dame - "Using Molecular Simulation to Understand and Predict the Thermodynamic and Transport Properties of Ionic Liquids"
- Marjolein Dijkstra, Utrecht - "Colloidal Self-Assembly: Predicting and Designing New Structures"
Reactive Force Fields
- Adri van Duin, Penn State University - "Applications of the ReaxFF Force Field for Identifying Reactive Properties for Complex Materials and Interfaces"
- Susan Sinnott, University of Florida - "Material Chemistry with Dynamic Charge Reactive Potentials"
Biomaterials and Biological Systems
- Sabrina Pricl, University of Trieste - "Of (Computer, Cells) Mice and Men: Integration of Simulations and Experiments in Biomedical Sciences"
- Yiannis Kaznessis, University of Minnesota - "Multiscale Models for Antibiotic Cellbots"
FOMMS Medal Lecture
- Carol Hall, North Carolina State University - "Confessions of a Slow Learner: Lessons Learned over a Decade of Protein Aggregation Simulations"
- Solving common software problems in computational labs
- Using GPUs for bigger and faster simulations
- Data Mining, Machine Learning, and Materials Informatics
* all confirmed