Conference registration is now open.
- $745 Early registration on or before May 31, 2015
- $845 Standard registration starting June 1, 2015
- $645 Graduate Students and Post-docs
The FOMMS 2015 conference fee includes one copy of the preprint flash drive, the opening reception, continental breakfast every morning, refreshments during program breaks, evening hospitalities, and the conference banquet.
Outing Options and Fees (for Tuesday, July 14)
- Hood River Microbrew Tour: Pacific Northwest microbrews are increasingly winning high praise and recognition for their quality on the international stage. Upon departing the Resort, the tour will head to the town of Hood River, OR "the windsurfing capitol of the U.S.A." The tour will drive you through downtown area. We have scheduled tastings at 3 difference Hood River breweries and the most well known brewery – Full Sail will provide a 20-minute tour of their brewery. The trip takes about 6 hours round trip. Max 50 persons. First come, first served. Cost including box lunch is $97 per person. Note, this fee includes ONE pint of beer at each brewery. You are welcome to taste/purchase more on your own.
- Whitewater Rafting on the Clackamas: The Clackamas River is one of the premier whitewater rivers in Oregon and is a popular summer rafting trip. Lush old-growth forests line the bank of this steep canyon and reflect off the crystal clear water. Rapids like Powerhouse, Roaring River, Hole-in-the-Wall, and Rock 'n Roll are guaranteed to get your blood pumping while the waves in The Narrows, Carter Bridge, Toilet Bowl and Bob's Hole will have you screaming for more. In the summer, the rapids require more maneuvering but still provide plenty of opportunities to get wet. The half-day trip focuses on a shorter section of the Clackamas that has 80% of the biggest rapids on the river so there is no shortage of whitewater fun. You will be on the river about 3 hours. The rafting company will pick you up at the resort for the 45-minute ride to the river. Max 42 persons. First come, first served. Cost including box lunch is $85 per person.
- Hiking Mt. Hood at Timberline: The tour will take you 20 minutes up the road to Timberline Lodge. Their famous exterior was used in the movie The Shining. You will first eat lunch (box or restaurant – to be determined), then take a guided hike along the Zig Zag overlook trail (4.4 miles round trip). If time permits, the tour will stop at Mt. Hood Brewing Company for a thirst quencher. The trip takes about 6 hours round trip. Max 24 persons. First come, first served. Cost including lunch is $79 per person. Note, cost of any items/beverages at the Mt. Hood Brewery (if made) is NOT part of the fee.
Please note that these outings have LIMITED seating, so availability will be on a first-come, first-served basis and tickets must be purchased prior to arriving at the meeting.
Other Optional Fees
Guests may attend the welcoming reception and the banquet for additional fees. Guests are also welcome to participate in any of the outings and the attendee must purchase a separate ticket for him/herself AND guest in advance.
All additional fees NOT included in the registration fee are:
||Guest Reception - July 12 - for guests ONLY (reception is included in the registration fee for attendees)
||Guest Banquet - July 16 for guests ONLY (banquet is included in the registration fee for attendees)
||Attendee and/or Guest for the Hood River Microbrew Tour
||Attendee and/or Guest Whitewater Rafting on the Clackamas
||Attendee and/or Guest for the Hiking Mt. Hood at Timberline
For questions and information, send an email to email@example.com
Note that accommodations are NOT included in the registration fee. You must make your accommodation arrangements separately. Detailed information on lodging at the conference venue – The Resort at the Mountain – can be found at this link: lodging